We're proud to take an active part in the community. We invite you to return often to see our new event listings.
Grief and Funeral Issues - an Informational ProgramThursday, January 26, 2017 : 1:00 PM to Tuesday, April 18, 2017 : 8:30 PM
This is one of our most popular and informative presentations on everything you ever wanted to know about funerals and grief. You will learn about burials, cremations, other forms of disposition, pet grief therapy, grief and bereavement, and much more.
Grief and Funeral Issues is a free class designed for nurses and nurse aids, social workers, case managers, counselors, clergy and other professionals to learn about grief and why funerals are so important.
When we work together and have a better understanding of how we each serve our families, we can provide better service in the continuum of care.
- Thursday, January 26th from 1:00 to 2:30 PM
- Tuesday, February 28th from 6:00 to 7:30 PM
- Tuesday, April 18th from 7:00 to 8:30 PM
Schoedinger Midtown Chapel 229 E. State Street, Columbus, OH 43215
At the conclusion of this program, attendees will be able to:
• describe three acceptable things to say or do for individuals or families mourning the death of someone special to them;
• explain two basic instructions regarding what families should consider when planning funeral arrangements;
• understand the role of the funeral home in body preparation;
• inform individuals and families the role that funeral homes have in supporting them during the grieving process;
• understand how culture affects decision-making regarding end-of-life issues and funeral arrangements;
• explain how economic factors affect decision-making for the indigent, and the ethical and moral treatment of this special population.
• For those interested, *we will include a tour of the Schoedinger Midtown Chapel where you will see the cremation observation room and the casket and urn rooms.
Location: Schoedinger Midtown Chapel 229 E. State Street, Columbus, OH 43215 | 614-224-6105
To register, Please call Julie at 614-429-5703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your seat.